What is your sinful indulgence? Now, come on, I know you have one. Mine is homemade butters….especially nut butters. I do love a jar of nutella, cookie butter, or maple almond butter. However, there’s something incredibly amazing about making butters from freshly roasted nuts and other fresh ingredients. Trust me! Previously I’ve share my recipes for Honey Roasted Nut Butter, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter, and Chocolate Almond Butter. Well, today, I’m sharing my recent nut butter delight: White Chocolate Nutella!
See, doesn’t this look absolutely delicious?
Oh, I just can’t stop drooling. It’s ssssoooo good and oh so easy.
Like I said previously, part of what takes this nut butter to a level of
is using freshly roasted nuts. The skins on the almonds won’t cause any problems but the skins on the hazelnuts…well, that’s another matter. They can be tough to remove but also burn easily and can alter the flavor of your nut butter.
Now, you can always blanch your hazelnuts to remove the skin but if you’re lazy like me, blanching seems like so much work! This recipe doesn’t require that every speck of your hazelnut skins be removed. This being said, check out my technique for removing hazelnut skins without blanching.
Now there are just 3 ingredients needed to make this super yummy White Chocolate Nutella: freshly roasted hazelnuts, freshly roasted almonds and white chocolate chips.
You can see that my hazelnuts aren’t 100% skinned but the majority of the skin has been removed.
Now, all you need to do is place your nuts in a food processor fitted with a large blade. Now, process the nuts until the nut butter is very smooth.
- Note: Your nuts will first become sandy. They will then begin to clump together. Finally, as the oils are extracted, they will smooth out and become quite creamy.
- If you’d like to see photos of this process, check out my roasted nut butter post.
Now, add the white chocolate chips and process until smooth and creamy. Store in mason jars. Enjoy like you would any other nut butter: on bread, with apples, on top of ice cream, etc.
See, doesn’t it look absolutely delicious?
This recipe is so delicious and a bit more delicate than traditional nutella. The white chocolate adds that bit of sweetness while allowing the flavors of the hazelnuts & almonds to sing!
Here’s the recipe so you can make your own!
- 1 cup roasted and peeled hazelnuts
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Place the hazelnuts & almonds in a food processor fitted with the large blade.
- Process your nuts until they are smooth and creamy (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Add the white chocolate chips to your nut butter. Process until smooth and creamy (about a minute or so).
- Store in a mason jar.
- Enjoy like you would any other nut butter (on bread, with apples, on ice cream, etc).
- Note: If you haven’t previously roasted your nuts, plan 25 minutes or so to prep your nuts.