As a crafter, I admit that I have a soft spot for homemade gifts: both to give and to receive. Are you the same? Well I have good news for you! I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers and we’re sharing 12 DIY gifts under $20! Before I introduce you to all these lovely bloggers and their awesome posts, let me share my gift with you.
When you think gifts from the kitchen do you think “food”? While this is true, and everyone eats so gifts from the kitchen are always well received, you can create more in the kitchen. Have I stumped you? You can also create bath and body treats in your kitchen! My DIY gift under $20 is…….
Individual Peppermint Solid Sugar Scrubs
These goodies are so easy to make and I like to give them for a few reasons.
- Theses can be packaged in a bag rather than a jar which keeps shipping costs down
- These contain soap along with hydrating oils so you don’t feel like a greased pig when you exit your shower
- 16 oz. shea butter melt and pour soap base
- 2 oz. coconut oil
- 2 oz. almond oil
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint essential oil
Chop your soap base into smaller pieces (this helps them melt quicker) and place in a double boiler. Once the soap base is thoroughly melted and smooth, turn off the heat and add the coconut oil, almond oil, and peppermint oil. Stir until the oils have been completely incorporated into the melted soap base. This will take some time (the oils will want to float on the top).
Once the oils and soap base are completely blended and smooth, add the sugar one cup at a time. This will become very thick once all 4 cups of sugar have been added….just be sure to mix this VERY well. Then, using a melon baller, scoop out the scrub mix and place the “balls” onto a cookie sheet to dry.
Let the sugar scrub balls dry thoroughly (I dried mine overnight). Once dry, place them in a pretty container (I used a Bath & Body Works Candle Jar) or package them in a pretty bag for gift giving.
Oh, and if you are looking for other DIY spa items for your gift giving this holiday season, check out my other recipes HERE.
Are you ready to see some other amazing DIY gift projects? First, let me introduce you to the amazing bloggers for this month’s round up.
Sky (Capital B), Melanie (It Happens in a Blink), ChiWei (One Dog Woof), Sarah (Repeat Crafter Me), Kadie (Seven Alive All Livin’ in a Doublewide), Bethany (Pitter and Glink), Kara (Happy Go Lucky), Lauren (The Thinking Closet), Kirsten (One Tough Mother), Nancy (Do Small Things With Love), Kara (Petals to Picots) and me!
Now just check out all of their amazing projects!
- Sarah’s Handmade Hand Warmers
- Lauren’s Painted Cork Coasters
- ChiWei’s Basket-Weave Cup Cozy Crochet Pattern
- Bethany’s Gold and Green Bracelet
- Kara’s Crochet Pattern Roundup
- Kirsten’s Glittery Utensil Gift Set
- Sky’s Simple Fleece Face Guards
- Marilyn’s Individual Peppermint Solid Sugar Scrubs
- Kara’s DIY Necklace Holder
- Kadie’s Easy Crochet’s Hot Pads
- Melanie’s DIY Photo Desk Organizer Gift
- Nancy’s DIY Wedding Photo Canvas Print