I am so excited that spring has finally arrived, aren’t you? One of my favorite warm weather activities is playing in the garden. I get this love from my Mom. She always has tons of flowers growing around in her yard along with a vegetable garden.
Well, Mother’s Day is just around the corner and I was thinking of giving my Mom a “living flower” present. This is what I decided to put together for her.
Do you think she’ll like it? It was inspired by those awesome planters people have on their porch. However, I thought my mom would enjoy a table top arrangement more. Here’s what you need.
- A package of flowers (mine is a 10 pack of Verbenas and I used 7)
- A saucer for your pots to drain into
- Two terra cotta pots of different sizes
- A dowel rod
- And….the most important ingredient, Moisture Control Potting Mix (verbenas need a lot of water and this stuff works great at ensuring your potted plants don’t dry out!)
Okay, are your ready to put your’s together? Here’s how.
- Put your dowel rod into your pot and place stones in the bottom of your pot for drainage (the dowel rod provided stability to your top pot)
- Place some of your plants (I used 4) into your pot. See where there are gaps? Fill in with Moisture Control Potting Mix.
- Slide the top pot onto the dowel rod. Like the bottom pot, you will place stones in the bottom for drainage. Then arrange some flower plants (I used 3) and fill in with additional Moisture Control Potting Mix
Finally just water your plants and viola! You have your own table top tierd planter.
Miracle-Gro has a lot of amazing products to help with your gardening needs. I have never been disappointed with any of their products that I have used. To inspire you in 2013, Miracle-Gro has a great project called “The Gro Project”.
To find even more inspiration, follow The Gro Project (Facebook Page) and find fun garden projects on their Pinterest. Following Miracle-Gro through both these social media sites will make your 2013 gardening season fun and exciting.
I personally have not used fertilizers in the past. However LiquaFeed All Purpose Plant Food Advance Starter Kit just might help make my garden more vibrant that in years past. I don’t do a lot of indoor gardening due to light constraints but if I did, their Shake’n Feed All Purpose Plant Food might help make my thumb even greener.
Here’s to a colorful and bountiful gardening season!