Make Your Own Blackening Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepepr
- 1 tsp black peppercorns (or ground black pepper)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white peppercorns (or ground white pepper)
Store your freshly ground blackening seasoning in a jar with a tight fitting lid in a cool dark place.
Now you may be wondering how to use this spice blend. It’s a great way add a little kick to almost any (savory) dish. Here are a few ways I used this flavorful seasoning blend.
- sprinkle on freshly sauteed shrimp or scallops
- coat chicken or steak fish with blackening seasoning before cooking
- add 1-2 tsp of blackening seasoning to alfredo sauce to add some kick to your fettucini
- add some to your basic vegetable soup to give it cajun kick