As you know, I’m participating in www.lovelycraftyhome.com‘s “Get Your Crap Together Party”. I’ve been frantically working on remodeling my woman cave/craft area. Although this room is not large, the project is taking much longer than I anticipated. Typical for my 1888 house!
Anyway, the floor was AWFUL in this area. I looked on the web for various flooring techniques and I opted for trying out the a brown paper floor. I based what I did on The Ultimate Brown Paper Flooring Guide on Lovely Crafty Home.
I forgot to take a before shot but the first thing I had to do was to remove the old tile.
Look what I found! Ugly tar that was used as the glue for the old tile. It’s spread across the entire subfloor! UGH! We may need to lay a new subfloor!
Here is the floor with all the tile removed.
Here is an up close picture so you can see some definition on how the floor looks!
Here’s the floor with the base board attached. I think it looks awesome!!