Now you could just toss the gift card inside but why not make a quick and easy gift card holder. It’s super simple and it’s like putting a wrapped present inside a note. Here’s what I mailed my son.
Doesn’t the gift card holder make this more special and personalized. It’s that little bit that turns a gift card into a heart felt gift. Are you ready to learn how to make your quick and easy gift card holder?
Trust me, you are going to be shaking your head at how easy this is to do. You also have all the supplies you need in your home already…trust me!
- 1 piece of copier/printer paper (or you could use wrapping paper)
- Washi Tape, optional
- Using the cardboard backing on your gift card as a template, trace your rectangle and cut out.
- Remove the gift card from it’s card board backing, align a short edge along the edge of your rectangle, and center the card. Mark the paper with a dot near the top two edge of your gift card.
- Cut out a wedge from the top of your rectangle.
- If you are decorating with washi tape, select the tapes you’d like to use.
- Decorate the top of your gift card template with your washi tape.
- Flip the template over and fold over your excess washi tape
- With the right side of your template facing down, place the gift card in the center. Fold over one side of the gift card holder toward the center of your gift card.
- Fold over the other side of the gift card
- Secure with either tape or glue with a glue stick or scrap booking tape.
- Fold up the bottom edge (looks like a wedge) and you should have an envelope with an opened top.
- Secure the bottom with tape, glue stick or scrap booking tape.
- Remove the gift card and cut a notch out of the opened top. This will make the gift card easier for the recipient to remove.
See, now isn’t this a lot snazzier than just placing an unadorned gift card in an envelope?
My son LOVES bacon so I thought I’d make him a personalized card with washi tape and a hand written, “mmmmm bacon” on the front.
If you haven’t taken part in Melanie’s “Let’s Write a Note” Challenge, you really should. Your notes will really make someone’s day!