May 5, 2015 is teacher appreciation day…that’s just a month away! Well, I’m super excited to share with you an incredibly easy, quick, and inexpensive gift you can make for all those amazing teachers.
DIY Teacher Appreciation Memo Pads
Now, to make things super quick and easy, I am sharing the printable files I created for this project….and they are FREE for you! However, before you download them, please abide by the following.
- 4 You With Love printables are for PERSONAL USE ONLY!
- You may not modify, re-sell, redistribute, or claim the design as your own
- Please do not remove the credits & copyright.
- If you post this on the internet, credit must be given to 4 You With Love and linked back to my blog
You can download the files here:
Okay, now let’s get started, shall we?
First gather your supplies:
- Print off 1 of the memo pad cover files onto cardstock, cut into 4 pieces
- Print off your memo pad pages onto printer paper (each page makes 4 memo pages so print 20 for a 40 sheet pad), cut into 4 pieces
- Padding Compound (I made my own…click HERE for the recipe)
- Binder Clips
- Paint Brush
Here’s a set of the bright teacher appreciation memo pad covers & pages…..
And here’s a set of the dark covers & pages…great for the male teachers!
Now you will need to stack your pages together for each pad, making sure the top edge is even…really check this! (I stacked my pad like this: one of the Keep Calm Covers, 40 sheets of memo pages, topped with another Keep Calm Cover).
Now, to protect your covers from any padding compound spillage, I placed a piece of paper on top of each of the memo pads. Now secure the sides of the top of your memo pad with binder clips. You want them as close to the top as possible to really “smoosh” down your top edge. Be careful to make sure the edge is still nice and even.
Now it’s time to apply the padding compound (adhesive). Just use a brush to apply a thin film. (If you have made the same recipe of padding compound I did, and it has solidified, just warm in the microwave for about 10 seconds to soften). Once you apply your first thin film, place a 5th binder clip on the top to secure the sheets together. Wait about 5 minutes, remove the 5th clip, apply another coat of padding compound, and replace the 5th clip. Repeat one more time for a total of 3 coats of padding compound. Let your pads dry for about at least an hour.
Look, you have fun Teacher Appreciation Memo Pads!
And each of the memo sheets has a reminder for that favorite teacher to keep calm.