Where do you purchase your spices? Are they prepackaged in tins or bottles at a grocery store? Do you stop by the bulk section of a natural foods store? Do you go to a spice store?
As you can see, bottles are a very common way that spices are sold. Here are the costs and sizes, in case you can’t read the information:
Oregano leaves (0.50 oz) $2.59
Cardamom, ground (1.90 oz) regular price $12.39 on sale this week for $6.19
Cumin, whole (1.71 oz) $2.99
Garlic powder (2.37 oz) regular price $4.39 on sale this week for $4.19
Chipotle Pepper, ground (2.0 oz) regular price $6.29 on sale this week for $5.99
Cinnamon, ground (1.90 oz) regular price $5.49 on sale this week for $4.99
So, if I purchased these spices this week, I would get 10.38 oz. of spices for $26.94 but if I paid regular price my total would be $34.14. Pretty steep. Also, I don’t know about you but spices from the grocery store really aren’t all that fresh to start with and they lose their potency fairly quickly. A pretty hefty investment for a not so great product.
How would you like to find a spice store that has the following?
- 400+ spices and herbs to select from.
- FREE shipping in the US with just a $10 purchase!
- FREE 1 oz sample of any spice of your choosing with EVERY order (a few spices are not included in this list) PLUS
- FREE promotions everyday if you have a slightly larger order (like a free 2 oz bottle of vanilla extract with a $20 order or 4 oz with a $30 order, or last week was a free gram of saffron with a $25 order).
- Quick delivery
- A very direct supply chain: Importer – truck- My Spice Sage – you, so spices so fresh, they are more potent than you can imagine!
This amazing spice company is sponsoring my favorite spice giveaway later this month and sent me a set of my own to use and review. Here’s what I received (and you might as well!)
Four ounces of each spice packaged in a heavy duty resealable bag. They are packaged so well, I couldn’t smell a thing when I opened my box. And here’s the cost if I were to purchase these goodies today!
Be sure to stop by between April 26 and April 30 to link up your recipes that incorporate one or more of these 6 spices (oregano, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon, chipotle pepper, and garlic) and enter the rafflecopter giveaway for a chance to win your own set. In the meantime, stop by My Spice Sage and take a look around. Trust, me, you will be totally blown away!