A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to blog swap with the amazing K of Claiming our Space. K shared with you her amazing end table transformation. I shared with her followers my DIY retro chrome kitchen stool. If you missed my post over there, I’d like to share it with all of you today!
I just love the look of those retro chrome kitchen stools. However, they are so expensive. Here’s one of the cheaper ones I found at Wayfair.com for $86.99 (marked down from $125.00) with free shipping. WOW! so if I purchased 4 for to use around my island, it would cost *gulp* $347.96! Way out of my budget. But aren’t they cool looking?
Okay, let’s get started on this transformation. After I sanded down the stool, it was time to paint!
7. Using scissors, I trimmed the batting so that it was about 2-3 inches wider than the stool seat.
8. Using a staple gun, I began stapling the batting to the under side of the stool. Be sure to pull your batting tight as you staple so that it is snug.
9. Once the batting was completely stapled, I trimmed away the excess, especially around the legs.
Okay, the batting is on, now it’s time to cover the seat with vinyl.
10. I laid the stool seat on top of my large vinyl piece.
11. I then cut the vinyl so that it was easier to work with.
12. I trimmed the vinyl into a circular piece.
Okay, we’re in the home stretch. Are you getting psyched? I am!
16. I had accidentally scuffed up some of the paint while I was attaching the vinyl. I covered the new seat with plastic wrap and then I carefully spray painted the marred areas.
17. The last step! I placed some felt circles on the bottom of the legs so that they would not mar my floor.
Are you ready for the big reveal? Here it is!