I’m super excited to share with you my DIY Minion Composition Book. Why? Because it combines three of my favorite things: school supplies, crafting & Craft Lightning. What is “Craft Lightning?” you ask? Every couple of months, a few of us bloggers join together to share crafts you can do in 15 minutes or less based on a theme. This week, you’ll find TONS of fun quick and simple “Back to School” crafts. Okay, enough talk, here’s my craft!
DIY Minion Composition Book
You know those old boring black and white marbled composition books will be on sale throughout the back to school season. Well, with the magic of duck tape, you can transform yours from drab to a fab DIY Minion Composition Book. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Composition book
- Yellow Duck Tape
- Blue Duck Tape
- Black Duck Tape Mini Roll
- White Duck Tape Sheet
- Silver Duck Tape Sheet
- (Optional) black Sharpie
Okay, are you ready to start transforming your composition book into a fun Minion Composition Book? Let’s get started
- Cover your composition book with a layer of yellow Duck Tape (you will see the black/white marbling through this first layer)
- Place a second layer of Duck Tape on your composition book…yellow & blue
- Add a strip of black Duck Tape for the goggle band
- Trim the excess Duck Tape from the edges of your composition book
- Use a jar lid (I used a wide mouth mason jar lid) as a pattern and trace a circle on the back side of your silver Duck Tape. Cut out the circle and then free hand, cut out a circle from the center creating the silver rim for your goggle)
- Peel off the backing from your silver “goggle band” and stick it to the white Duck Tape Sheet. Cut around the outer edge of the silver goggle to create the eye/goggle for your Minion Composition Book.
- Peel the backing off of the eye/goggle & attach to your Minion Composition Book.
- Take a small piece of black Duck Tape and free-hand, cut a circle for your Minion’s pupil Attach to your Minion’s eye.
Now, if you’d like, take a black sharpie marker and draw on a smile and hair onto your Minion Composition Book.Isn’t this cute? And so little mess and just 15 minutes. Are you ready to fine more quick Back to School Crafts? Well, then, just click on the Craft Lightning Button below.