Every couple of months or so, I get the pleasure of joining a bunch of bloggers for “Craft Lightning”. This round’s theme is “Recycled Crafts”. So, all week, bloggers will be sharing crafts you can make from recycled materials in 15 minutes or less (not including drying time)! Doesn’t that sound amazing? I’m sharing a quick denim key fob you can make in no time!
Trust me, this is so incredibly easy to make. There’s not glue or anything difficult. Are you ready to make your own….
Knotted Denim Key Fob
Let’s start by gathering your supplies:
- A 30″ strip of denim made from the inseam of an old, worn out pair of jeans
- One large (32 mm) split key ring
- One small (12 mm) split key ring
- Optional two large holed beads
You will begin by sliding the denim strip into the small split key ring. Make sure to position the ring as close to the center of your denim strip as possible.
Next you will begin to tie your knot. We are making a “figure 8 knot” and it’s made just like it sounds.
You will start by looping the denim strip “tail” up and over the main strip making the “lower” loop of the “8” … see the photo on the left.
Now you will take the denim strip “tail” and thread it through the lower loop (see the photo below). Then tighten and you will have a nice knot.
Now, just attach the large split ring to the small split ring so you can add your keys later. Now, you can do one of two things.
- You can cut off the ends of your denim tails to your desired length for your fob ….or….
- You can slide on a bead at the end of each tail before you cut off any excess length from your fob (like I did). Keep in mind that you will need a bead with a very large hole…it will be tight and that is a good thing!
If you LOVE crafting with recycled items and like projects that are quick like this Knotted Denim Key Fob, then just click on the “Craft Lightning Button” below to see other amazing crafting ideas.