This post and giveaway were made possible by Double Duty Divas and Old Spice. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
I have one daughter and two sons and let me tell you, I had a much easier time with my daughter’s journey into womanhood than I have with my sons’ crossover to manhood. On the flip side, I think my husband has been counting down the days to when his boys become men. Crazy, isn’t?
Well, my youngest is more man than boy. In fact, he and his dad have been working very hard on his Eagle Scout project: building a floating dock for a nearby camp. Here’s a photo (from right to left), of my husband, my youngest, his Scoutmaster, and one of his fellow Scouts. This was taken when they were beginning the project. Doesn’t this photo just exude testosterone? Yup, a bunch of men working on a project together.
Now, while these guys were all beating their chests and doing manly things and bonding, I was thinking of my guy when he was 3, smiling in the sunshine, and laughing wildly while I pushed him in his swing. Where has the time gone?
Anyway, after a few weeks of working, it was time to install the dock. Here’s my son, looking proud, after the pier was installed. (Wow, he has grown up!)
And here’s the finished dock with the guys that helped out with the installation. I don’t think I’ve ever seen my son more proud…or my husband. My son is definitely becoming a man (even if I still see the little boy in him).
Although moms can sometimes resist their boys growing up, I think it helps when we find ways to celebrate their coming into manhood. Guess what? Old Spice agrees! It’s so easy to give the gift of manhood to your teen this holiday season with Old Spice Body Sprays with Scent Responsibly Technology….your “new” man will smell good all day without having to over spray. The budget conscious mom will also love this Old Spice Coupon.
In the spirit of the season, Old Spice has partnered with Second Chance Toys to help bring gently used toys to boys (future Old Spice Men) this holiday season….HoliSPRAY. To find Old Spice HoliSPRAY Toy Exchange locations, please visit www.secondchancetoys.org/corporate-sponsorships/oldspice.
Finally, Old Spice is sponsoring this Old Spice Holiday Smellcome to Manhood Kit Giveaway kit to one of my readers.
“Old Spice Holiday Smellcome to Manhood” kit giveaway
- Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray – The gift that keeps on giving, one spray at a time. Be among the first to enjoy new Old Spice Timber – the best way to get that lumberjacky smell without working at a local tree lot.
- Old Spice T-Shirt – The manliest chest tattoo on the planet without the regret when you turn 60.
- Old Spice Branded Earbuds – Silence mom’s singing in the car. You’re welcome.
- Bear Paws Meat Tool – Cutlery your dad, his friend Dave and Uncle John will be impressed with when you’re given the reins to carve the holiday bird.
- Duct Tape – Fix anything on the planet, except holiday lights, where only half the strand works.
- Art of Manliness Book – Full of wisdom and New Year’s Resolutions.
- “Scent Responsibly” Instructions – Nothing will earn you grandma’s fruitcake faster than overspraying. Thanks to Old Spice Re-fresh technology – where one spray lasts all day – you can smell like a man and not a middle school locker room.
- Smellcome to Manhood Certificate – A made-up diploma for the inside of your locker or to add to your LinkedIn profile.
What a fun gift set for that teen on your gift giving list. This giveaway is only opened to US residents and will close at 11:55pm Wednesday, December 17, 2014. To enter just follow the instructions on the rafflecopter.
My fingers are crossed that you win. However, in the meantime, grab your Old Spice Coupon and pick up some body spray and put some in your new man’s stocking this holiday season!