I have been super stressed lately. Why? Well, my husband is undergoing open heart surgery and I have been going crazy. I’ll post more about that Sunday but in the meantime, I am curious as to how you deal with stress. Do you exercise? Do you chat with friends? Well, I know that one thing I do is nibble on a piece of chocolate.
So, when I was in my pantry, a jar of Peanut Butter & Company Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter screamed at me, “make something with me….I’ll curb your stress!” Well, I did enjoy some of this spread on some crackers and then and idea hit me! I should make some…….
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Doesn’t this look absolutely amazing? It is the texture of truffles and would be awesome if you dipped it in chocolate. Let’s take a closer look….I want you to drool all over your keyboard!
Are you drooling yet? Well, I whipped up this batch as treats to give the staff that will be attending to my husband’s needs as a “thank you”. Just like my recipes for Oreo Fudge, French Mint Fudge, and Peppermint Bark Fudge, this one is super easy. In fact, I whipped up a batch as I was packing for the hospital. True fact! Here’s how you can make some too!
- 2 Cups peanut butter chips
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips (semi sweet will also work)
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate peanut butter (Peanut Butter & Company along with Skippy make this yummy butter)
- In a double boiler, melt your chocolate chips.
- Once your chocolate chips have melted completely, add the sweetened condensed milk and Oreo Butter. Stir completely to thoroughly combine. You will see the transformation of melted chocolate turning into fudge right before your eyes.
- Pour your fudge into a well greased pan (preferably lined with parchment paper), well greased molds (silicone works best) or a mini cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners.
- Allow your fudge to set and then enjoy!
Trust me, this fudge is super yummo! I hope the hospital staff enjoys these goodies…..of course, who doesn’t love chocolate and fudge? I know that Vitamin CH (chocolate) always puts a smile on my face!