Denim Star Earrings
- Old worn out jeans
- Small star cookie cutter, or other shape of your choosing
- Monofilament or denim colored thread
- Sewing needle
- Jump rings
- Fish hook earring findings
- Tulip Dimensional Mini 3 Packs
- Using your star cookie cutter as a template, trace stars onto your old jeans. You will need 4 stars to make 2 earrings.
- Cut out your four stars and pair them up for each earring. Having two layers of denim for each earring gives it more support and structure.
- With the wrong sides together (the inside side of the denim) whip stitch the edges together using either monofilament thread or denim colored thread. Attach a jump ring at the top of your star. Repeat with the second star.
- Now it’s time to embellish your earrings with Tulip brand Slick fabric paints in neon.
- On one side I drew on star and traced a star around the perimeter. Let it dry a minimum of 4 hours.
- If you’d like to embellish the other side, first put a piece of wax paper or parchment paper down. This is because the paint on your first side, although dry, may be a bit tacky. Then decorate as you choose. I decided to put polka dots on my second side. Once again, let the paint dry at least 4 hours.
- Once the second side is dry, attach fish hook earring findings.
For more inspirational ideas, check out the i Love To Create blog or follow i Love To Create on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. These products really are great and when you create with them, you’ll feel like spring is right around the corner. What will you create?