I love giving and receiving homemade gifts, don’t you? The problem is that Christmas is just 16 days away. Yikes! Well, that means it’s time to finish up all the homemade gift projects you already have in progress and begin working on quick to make gifts.
When I find the time to make gifts is limited, or if I don’t know what a person could use, I look to gifts from the kitchen ’cause everyone eats! Recently I’ve shared some recipes for different liqueurs (Limoncello, Toffee Vodka, Salted Caramel Vodka, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and Kahlua). However, my family’s go-to liqueur is Amaretto.
These days, when I’m looking for a recipe, I search the internet. When I did, I was surprised by some of the recipes I found for Amaretto. They were so complicated, like this one! Reading through it made my head hurt. Then, I came across this recipe and I had to give it a try.
WOW, I was totally blown away! This recipe is so easy and so yummy and perfect for gift giving. Why? because it only takes about 40 minutes to prepare! You can drink this amaretto the same day it’s made but I would recommend waiting a week….but the wait is not necessary. Now onto the recipe!
- 1 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cups vodka
- 2 Tbsp PURE Almond Extract
- 2 tsp PURE Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste
- NEVER EVER use imitation almond or vanilla extracts….you MUST use pure extract. Trust me, you’ll regret using imitation.
- The quality of the vodka isn’t super important. I used 80 proof (40% alcohol) Smirnoff vodka. You can use up to 100 proof (50% alcohol).