I’ve been sharing with you inspirations to prepare you for decorating and gift giving this holiday season. You probably think everyone on my holiday list is an alcoholic, since I’ve been posting recipes that include: Toffee Vodka, Salted Caramel Vodka, Kahlua Part 1, and Limoncello Part 1. Each of the (alcoholic) recipes I’ve shared with you have taken a bit of time (2 days – 1 month) to prepare. Well, today I’ve got a goodie that you can make today and either give today or enjoy today!
Doesn’t this look amazing? And you won’t believe how simple it is to prepare. Oh, and trust me, it is so incredibly yummy! Are you ready to make some?
Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream, light cream, or half and half
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- I used Jameson Irish Wiskey
- Use sweetened condensed milk..NOT evaporated milk
- The dairy products you select (half & half, whipping cream or light cream) will determine how rich your Bailey’s will be
- The chocolate syrup can be Hershey’s. However, I used Dark Chocolate Sauce from Torani since it doesn’t contain corn syrup.
Okay, now that you have gathered all your ingredients, are you ready to make some? It will make approximately 3.5 cups.
Are you read to make some? Well, here are the “challenging” steps. Measure your ingredients and place in a blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until thoroughly combined.
Then place your Bailey’s in a jar with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Shake well before serving.
Now, you can use this in coffee, in desserts, oh, in so many ways. You can even serve it on the rocks (the melting ice will keep your Baileys from being so rich). Then sip on this yummy drink while you enjoy friends, family, and preparing for Black Friday shopping.
Trust me, your friends will be totally blown away by this gift. You don’t have to tell them how easy it is to make Baileys at home. It will be our little secret!