Yesterday I shared my tutorial for “Embalm and Scary On” coasters. If you missed it you can find it HERE. I also found some amazing coordinating fabric . I can’t tell you how much I love it! Well, I made some fabric napkins to help create #spookyspaces at my dinner table. Would you like to make some too? Well, you can find the fabric at Jo-Ann Fabrics (online and at your neighborhood store) and I’m going to share my tutorial with you!
Are you ready to make your own set of cloth napkins to help you create some #spookyspaces in your home?
- Cotton Fabric. (I make 17″x17″ napkins so you can get four out of 1 yard of 44/45″ fabric)
- Coordinating thread
- Iron/Pins/Sewing Machine
- Pen, optional
- Cut your fabric into 18″ x 18″ squares.
- Using a hot, steam iron, press a 1/4″ seam allowance on all 4 sides. Repeat.
- Open up your pressed seams and, if desired, lightly draw a line over your pressed seams, creating a grid. Draw a diagonal line through the intersections of your inner most lines.
- Cut along your diagonal line.
- With your fingers, press a 1/4 inch seam along your newly cut diagonal edge.
- Fold over your original pressed seams creating a mitered corner.
- Pin your new mitered corner in place.
- With your sewing machine set on a straight stitch, sew along all four edges. Look at the beautiful seam and mitered corner!
Now how easy is this? Are you asking yourself, “Why haven’t I made my own fabric napkins before now?”
These are a great way to “green” your life and also make wonderful gifts! Yup, just 1 yard and you can make a set of 4 napkins. What color napkins will you be making? Will you be making some this holiday season?