My kids don’t have to look outside to determine the weather. Nope, they can just see what I’ve made for dinner. When it’s hot out I’m serving either a salad or grilling out. However, when it gets cold out, I’m making soup. Do you find your meals changing with the weather as well?
When I was grocery shopping the other day, I found some beautiful sweet potatoes and I just had to get some for home. After I arrived home, I got to thinking about what I would use these goodies for. The weather has taken a dramatic turn toward winter and so I just had to make some soup. I love the combination of coconut and curry so I got my thinking cap on and came up with this.
Coconut Curry Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and choped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 Tbsp chicken soup base and 5 cups water (or 5 cups chicken stock)
- 2-3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 can coconut milk