When you think of fall what comes to mind? I definitely think PUMPKINS! Do you?
Well, my guys all absolutely LOVE pie and pumpkin pie in particular. Now I have to confess, pie is something that I just can’t make. Yup! I have never mastered making pie crust. It is always hard and just a mess. Also, I don’t always want to take the time to make a pie…but I did want to indulge my guys. So, as usual, I got my good old thinking cap on.
Now I got to thinking that part of what makes pumpkin pie is that it is a custard pie. Okay..think…think…well custard is like pudding, correct? Okay, so what if I put together a pumpkin mousse that can be made in 30 minutes or less…yup! Thirty minutes or less and you can make your family feel super pampered! Check it out!
Doesn’t it look super yummy and elegant? Are you ready to whip up a batch tonight for your family? Here’s how!
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 large box (6 serving size) of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 8-oz packaged whipped topping (like cool-whip), thawed
- 6 oz pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Place the softened cream cheese, pumpkin, and 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and blend until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Continue mixing and add the instant pudding and the cold milk (1/2 cup at a time), scraping the bowl. Mix for 2 minutes and then set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set.
- While the pudding is setting in the refrigerator, prepare the candied pecan topping (this is optional). Place the pecans in a pan over high heat, stirring constantly. After 1 minute add the sugar and 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice and continue stirring and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn onto a cookie sheet to cool.
- Take your pudding out of the refrigerator and fold in the whipped topping. Place in bowls (I piped mine) and top with candied pecans.
Easy peasy, right? Well, let me tell you…your family will LOVE this treat and only you and I will know just how easy and quick it is.
Now, are you ready for some more amazing creative pumpkin projects? Be prepared to be blown away. First let me introduce you to some of my favorite bloggers:
Kirsten from One Tough Mother, Adrianne from Happy Hour Projects, Marilyn from 4 You With Love, Sky from Capital B, Tara from Suburble, Bethany from Pitter and Glink, Melanie from It Happens in a Blink, Lauren from The Thinking Closet, Kara from Petals and Picots, Carlee from Ladybird Ln, ChiWei from 1 Dog Woof, Kadie from 7 Alive, Amy from One Artsy Mama, Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me and Nancy from Small Things with Love.
These ladies have amazing blogs with all sorts of projects to inspire you. Just take a look at their awesome pumpkin projects!