People always talk about how the Internet has really changed the world. Well, when preparing this post, I was thinking that cable television has really changed things too….especially in the past 10 years or so. How? Well, until recently, if you wanted to watch anything “educational”, the TV channel you would turn on was PBS. I remember that Saturday was filled with cooking shows, home improvement shoes, sewing & crafting shows…you name it.
I used to love watching “The Frugal Gourmet”, “This Old House”, and “Sewing With Nancy”. Today’s spice is in honor another chef my husband and I used to enjoy watching: Justin Wilson, The Cajun Cook.
One of Justin’s catch phrases was, “Whooooooooooo Boy”. I think it’s today’s spice that had him saying that. So, what spice are we going to chat about?
- Cayenne goes well fish and seafood, especially lobster, salmon, and shrimp.
- When making cup of hot chocolate, add just a pinch of cayenne.
- Add to bread crumbs or flour when preparing coatings for fried foods or add to rubs and marinades when preparing meats.
- Cayenne pairs well with cheese and eggs (i.e. add cayenne to macaroni and cheese, egg salad, mayonnaise).
- Cayenne also goes well with onions, tomatoes, potatoes, rice, corn, and eggplant.