- My boys love cheese cake and the like (but my daughter doesn’t like the taste of cream cheese)
- My daughter LOVES all things lemony
- How to make ice cream rich and amazing like cheese cake without the cream cheese flavor…..enter marscapone.
- How to incorporate lemon. Reminder, if you add lemon juice to milk it sours so I couldn’t do this. Enter in lemon zest….but my husband hates having pieces of zest in his food. So, what if we infuse our milk with lemon zest just like I did when I make Lavender Vanilla Ice Cream?
Marscapone Lemon Ice Cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 8oz package of marscapone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- If you are making your ice cream tomorrow, place the milk mixture into the refrigerator to cool.
- If you are making our ice cream now, fill a bowl full of ice and add water to create an ice bath. Plunge the bowl that contains your strained milk mixture into the ice bath. Stir to cool down the milk mixture. You want this VERY cold. Then place in the refrigerator.
It’s now time to mix all your ingredients together. First, place your marscapone in a bowl and whip until smoothe. Add the heavy cream and vanilla and whip again. Finally take the cold lemon-infused milk mixture from the refrigerator and throughly mix it in with the marscapone/cream/vanilla mixture.
Now place your mixed/chilled ingredients into your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Following the manufacturer’s instructions, process until your ice cream has reached a nice soft serve consistency. Mine takes approximately 25 minutes.
Serve it up and enjoy. Trust me, you will be totally blown away by this.
- The success of making ice cream is making sure everything is cold when you start. If you ingredients are not chilled and if your ice cream maker is not fully frozen, you will not achieve the desired results
- This recipe makes approximately 1 quart of ice cream. If your ice cream maker is smaller than 1 quart you will have to adjust the ingredients.