Tomorrow is my daughter’s 21st birthday…woo hoo! Pretty big day for her! She plans on having a pretty big celebration with her friends and she loves anything miniaturized! So, I decided to make her mini-cupcakes for the big event. I was also inspired by this recipe I found on Pinterest: Pink Lemonade Pound Cake. How do you think my minis came out?
1 lemon or white cake mix*
1 package lemon instant pudding mix
1 can frozen pink lemonade concentrate (thawed)
1/3 cup butter (melted) or oil
red food coloring
mini cupcake pans (enough for 72 cupcakes)
melon baller (for scooping batter into your liners)**
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, lemonade concentrate and butter/oil into a large mixing bowl. Mix
3. Before your batter is smooth, see how pink it is. If you’d like it pinker, add some red food coloring (I added about 15 drops). Mix your batter until it is smooth.
4. Line your cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Using your melon baller, scoop batter into each liner.
5. Bake in your oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool and the frost, if desired.
My recipe made 66 mini cupcakes.
*Using a white cake mix will make a brighter pink but will also cut down on the lemon flavor.
**I find that using a melon baller makes it much easier to drop your batter into mini-cupcake liners since they are so small. It also helps you ensure the same amount of batter is placed in each cupcake liner.