I don’t know about you but I have a hard time waiting. I just get so impatient! On April 17 I posted the start of my DIY Orange Cleaner. You can read about it here.
Here is how the contents of the jar look today (after just 2 weeks).
The cleaner left no residue. It was not tacky or slimy. The surface feels nice and clean! Also, the smell dissipated quickly. I haven’t tried this on anything super crazy dirty/greasy but this cleaner does show promise!
Update May 4, 2012, I cleaned my bathroom mirrors with this and it worked AMAZING. No streaking, no tacky feeling, perfectly clean!
DIY Orange Cleaner
- Using a knife or kitchen shears, cut your orange peels into strips and place them into your jar. Firmly pack your peels into the jar. It will take quite a few peels.
- Pour distilled white vinegar into your orange peel filled jar. You want to pour enough vinegar to cover all the peels. It will not take a lot of vinegar if you have really packed your jar with orange peels
- (Tightly) Put your lid on your jar
- Let your jar sit for 2 weeks, shaking occassionally
- In 2 weeks, decant the liquid from your jar for a concentrated orange cleaner! Use either diluted or straight depending on how oily/greasy your “dirty” item is.