I was speaking with my daughter a couple of weeks ago and I explained that my goal the woman cave/craft area is for it not to scream, “I’m a craft room,” it is to whisper , “I’m a woman cave”. This being said, I am striving to have all my craft supplies to either be hidden from view or tastefully displayed. I am making progress, just much slower than my optimistic self had hoped!
Here is one of my projects!
What was my inspiration? How did I do this? First, the inspiration…..found on pinterest, of course!
Then, I made a wall quilt with the following differences:
- The normal backing fabric had the addition of patch pockets sewn on for storage.
- I purchased some heavy duty interfacing that I adhered to the wrong side of the quilt backing fabric; the side with pockets. I did this to provide stability since this side could see a lot of “abuse”.
- I used the lightest weight batting I could find for this project since I just wanted the quilt to have body, not a lot of loft.
- I used elmers spray adhesive to adhere all the layers together before sewing on the binding (however, with the heavy duty interfacing, this was somewhat challenging).
- I added the yo yo flowers so that I could tack all of the layers of the quilt together.